< BACK TO ALL RECIPES
Pork Belly Puppies
Source: All Forked Up for Q
What You’ll Need
1 Prairie Fresh USA Prime Pork Belly, Skinless
To taste, olive oil
To taste JDQ Sweet BBQ Rub
To taste Eat Barbecue Zero To Hero Rub
To taste Eat Barbecue Most Powerful Stuff Rub
1/4 cup Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
1/4 cup Smoke This BBQ Sauce
1/4 Blues Hog Smokey Mountain Sauce
1/2 stick butter
1/4 honey or Sweet Heat Habanero Honey
2 tablespoons Texas Pepper Jelly Apple Cherry Habanero
Stuffing of your choice
Eggs for wash
Oil for frying
Croix Valley Special Reserve Cran-B-Cue Sauce or your favorite sauce for dipping.
- Heat smoker to 250 degrees F. Trim excess and skin and fat from pork belly. Cut into 2-inch cubes. Coat cubes in olive oil.
- Add rub to pork belly cubes. Coat evenly all sides.
- Place pork belly cubes on wire rack and smoke in smoker for 3 hours.
- Remove pork belly cubes and place in aluminum foil pan.
- Mix barbecue sauces, melted butter, honey and pepper jelly.
- Pour over smoked belly cubes in pan. Cover with foil and place back on smoker for 90 minutes. Remove the foil the last 15 minutes.
- Mix stuffing; following box directions, but do not cook.
- Form a ball around each smoked belly cube. Dip in egg wash. Roll in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil for frying to 350 degrees F. Deep fry cubes for about 5 minutes until golden brown and delicious.
- Serve with favorite dipping sauce.