< BACK TO ALL RECIPES
Pork Banh Mi Bowls
Source: The National Pork Board
What You’ll Need
For the meatballs:
- 1 pound Prairie Fresh® ground pork
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 green onions (finely sliced)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup cilantro
For the pickled veggies:
- ¼ cup sliced cucumber
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup sliced radish
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup rice (white or brown)
- ¼ cup spicy mayo
- Baguette (sliced)
- Begin by cooking the rice according to the package directions.
- In a small saucepan combine the vinegar, water, and sugar. Bring to a gentle boil.
- Add sliced cucumber, shredded carrots, and radish to a mason jar.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the vegetables and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground pork, soy sauce, green onions, garlic, basil, salt, pepper, and cilantro and mix well.
- Using a cookie scoop, measure out approximately 1 Tablespoon of the ground pork mixture to form each meatball.
- Place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until internal temperature reaches 160 F.
- Assemble the bowls by starting with a scoop of rice, top with a few meatballs, pickled vegetables, and finally a drizzle of spicy mayo. Serve with a side of baguette bread.