< GO BACK
Margherita Pork Pasta with Fresh Cherry Tomato Sauce, Basil and Mozzarella
What you’ll need
1 Prairie Fresh® Signature pork tenderloin with garlic herb seasonings
1 tablespoon canola oil
8 ounces dried pappardelle, spaghetti, angel hair or penne pasta, cooked
1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded or fresh
salt to taste
2 pints cherry tomatoes
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon sugar
salt and pepper, to taste
2 stems fresh basil, leaves torn
1 cup water
1/4 cup heavy cream
How to prepare
1. Slice tenderloin into thin medallions.
2. In a deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat canola oil. Sear tenderloin medallions on both sides, working in batches. Do not crowd skillet. When seared, remove to a plate and set aside.
3. Add olive oil to skillet followed by onions and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes. Add cherry tomatoes. Cook for 3 minutes until tomatoes are blistered. Add water and cover. Allow to cook for 3-4 minutes, then remove cover. Add salt, pepper, sugar, tomato paste and Italian seasoning.
4. In an immersion blender, blend some of the tomatoes for a more rustic sauce, or all for a smoother sauce.
5. Place tomato mixture back in skillet. Reduce heat and add 1/2 of basil and heavy cream. Stir. Return pork medallions to sauce. Simmer until sauce is slightly thickened, about 6-8 minutes. Add cooked penne and stir.
6. Plate pasta. Top with mozzarella and remaining basil.
Chef's note: Make dinner in a snap with this recipe. The easily made fresh tomato sauce will be a classic on your dinner table that you'll make again and again!
SOURCE: Melissa Cookston