< BACK TO ALL RECIPES
Garlic Bread Pork Pizza
Source: Chef Jean-Paul Bourgeois
What You’ll Need
- 1 whole Prairie Fresh® pork tenderloin, marinated (see marinade recipe)
- 1 garlic bread, whole baguette (either homemade or store bought)
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 3 mozzarella balls (torn into shreds)
- ½ cup red onion cut into small slices
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms, pan roasted
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
For the marinade:
- 1 tablespoon ground fennel seed
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of crushed chili flake
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons of Extra Virgin olive oil
- In a zip lock bag combine all marinade ingredients.
- Remove the silver skin off your tenderloin and add to your marinade bag. Mix and massage marinade into your tenderloin.
- Marinate for at least 24 hours and up to 48 hours.
- Smoke your marinated tenderloin at 200 F until it reaches a temp of 125-130 F (slightly undercooked).
- Allow tenderloin to rest until it reaches room temperature.
- Slice tenderloin into ¼ inch coins
- Griddle, grill, or broil your garlic bread so that the cut side is toasted. I prefer the griddle since it allows me to gently flatten the bread while it toasts.
- Remove the bread from the griddle
- Assemble your garlic bread pizza with pizza sauce, cheese, tenderloin coins, mushrooms, and onions.
- Bake in your oven or cook in your smoker at 400 F for 10 minutes until the cheese is fully melted.
- Cut bread in squares or triangles.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.