< BACK TO ALL RECIPES
Blended Al Pastor Tacos with Pineapple Jalapeño Slaw
Source: The National Pork Board
What You’ll Need
½ pound Prairie Fresh® ground pork
8oz white button mushrooms
2 tablespoons pineapple juice
½ tablespoon chili powder
½ tablespoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon fine sea salt (or more to taste)
14 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
¼ teaspoon ground oregano
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
8 corn tortillas (small, warmed)
For the slaw:
4 cups shredded cabbage (thinly sliced)
2 green onions (sliced)
½ cup diced pineapple
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon pickled jalapenos
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon pineapple juice
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt (or to taste)
- Add the mushrooms to a food processor. Pulse in 10 second intervals until the mushrooms are finely chopped into pieces of similar size.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add the mushrooms and cook until they just begin to soften, 2 minutes. Add the pork. Continue to cook for 7 to 10 minutes, until the meat is no longer pink and cooked completely through. Turn off the heat. All liquid should evaporate. If it doesn’t, drain the blend.
- In the same skillet stir in the pineapple juice, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt, chipotle chili powder, oregano, and black pepper. Return the heat to medium and cook for 1 more minute, stirring often.
- To make the slaw, stir together all above ingredients in a large bowl.
- Assemble the tacos, top a warm tortilla with the al pastor mushroom and pork blend. Top with some slaw before serving.