< GO BACK
Thai Lettuce Wraps
Appetizer, Main Dish
What you’ll need
1 Prairie Fresh® Signature honey sriracha pork tenderloin, slice into tiny bite-sized pieces
1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil
3-5 ounces cashew halves and pieces
3-4 fresh garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 bunch green onions, diced
1 1/2 teaspoons ground chili paste *may substitute 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons rice vinegar
3 teaspoons soy sauce
1 pack romaine lettuce hearts
1/2 cup shredded or shaved carrots
How to prepare
- In large skillet, toast cashews in coconut oil over medium-high heat, stirring continuously for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and aromatic.
- Set toasted cashews aside and reserve coconut oil in skillet.
- Brown honey sriracha tenderloin pieces and garlic in reserved coconut oil over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Add chili paste, rice vinegar, soy sauce and 4 tablespoons diced green onions. Stir together and cover pan with lid. Simmer all ingredients until pork is cooked through, approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
- Using the romaine leaves as a canoe-style vessel, fill with pork and top with toasted cashews, shaved carrots and diced green onion.
- Optional sauces that pair well are sriracha sauce, hoisin sauce and/or soy sauce. Use all together or individually.
SOURCE: The Shed Barbeque and Blues Joint™