< BACK TO ALL RECIPES
Source: The National Pork Board
What You’ll Need
16 slices Prairie Fresh USA Prime® Applewood Smoked Bacon
8 slices sourdough bread
1 stick butter (room temperature, or ¼ cup mayonnaise)
1 tablespoon bacon fat
4 slices cheddar cheese
4 slices pepper jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F, lay bacon on a sheet pan in an even layer and cook until crispy. Save the bacon grease and place cooked bacon on a paper towel.
- Spread butter or mayonnaise over the outside of each slice of bread.
- Divide the cheese and bacon over 4 slices of bread and top with 4 remaining slices of bread.
- Preheat a skillet or griddle over medium heat, add 1 teaspoon of bacon fat for each sandwich.
- Grill sandwich on one side until golden, about 4 to 5 minutes. Flip and grill the other side until golden.