< BACK TO ALL RECIPES
Source: The Shed Barbeque and Blues Joint™
What You’ll Need
1 Prairie Fresh® pork sirloin
1/2 cup Creole mustard *substitute: yellow mustard
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons black pepper
6 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon ground coriander
For the dipping sauce:
1 small can chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce
1 1/2 cups sour cream
3 tablespoons agave *substitute: honey
1 bunch cilantro
- To make the dipping sauce, in a food processor or blender, blend together 2-3 chipotle peppers, sour cream, juice of 1 orange, and agave. To increase heat, add additional chipotle peppers. Place sauce in refrigerator until ready to use.
- To make the fried pork nuggets, trim away all excess fat and silver skin from pork sirloin. Cut into 1-to-1 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place pork nuggets in a bowl and lightly coat all pieces with Creole mustard. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, garlic salt, pepper, sugar, and ground coriander. Taste. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large pot or fryer, heat frying oil to 350 degrees F.
- Roll pork nuggets liberally with seasoned flour. Fry 8-10 nuggets per batch, depending on size of the pot.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes per batch or until golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 145-150 degrees F.
- Serve with spicy chipotle dipping sauce, fresh cilantro, and a squeeze of fresh lime, or use your favorite barbecue or dipping sauce.