2021 Pit Crew Honor Roll Rules
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Prairie Fresh® Pit Honor Roll is open to legal residents of the United States other than Rhode Island who are at least 21 years old. Employees of Seaboard Corporation, Seaboard Foods LLC, Seaboard Foods Services, Inc. (collectively “Seaboard”), their subsidiaries and affiliates, as well as their family members are not eligible to participate in the contest. Void where prohibited.
2. HOW TO ENTER AND RECEIVE A PRIZE. In order to enter and receive a prize, you must win a Grand Championship and/or a 1st place in a pork or rib category in a U.S. sanctioned barbecue contest, use Prairie Fresh or Seaboard Farms pork and/ribs products, must enter and fulfill the entry requirements online, including posting a photo on the Prairie Fresh Pit Crew Honor Roll Form at https://www.prairiefresh.com/pit-crew-honor-roll/. A qualifying person can enter for each U.S. sanctioned barbecue contest category win, but only receive 1 prize per each U.S. barbecue contest event.
3. PRIZE. A winner can select one prize package for each U.S. BBQ contest for a Grand Championship and/or 1st place rib or pork category win:
• Prairie Fresh Wagon – 1 (retail value of $250)
• Prairie Fresh Chairs – 2 (retail value $200)
• Prairie Fresh Backpacks – 2 (retail value $200)
• Prairie Fresh Jackets – 2 (retail value $160)
• Prairie Fresh Protector Carry On Case – 1 (retail value of $170)
The prizes are non-transferable and no cash or other substitutions are allowed, except by Seaboard Foods, which reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All applicable taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
4. DURATION OF CONTEST. The contest begins on 12:01 a.m. Central Time Jan. 1, 2021, and ends at 11:59 p.m. Central Time Dec. 31, 2021. Seaboard Foods assumes no responsibility for late, lost, mutilated or misdirected entries.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. By participating in the contest, an entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by the contest rules. All federal, state and local tax liabilities are the responsibility of the winners. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use the winner’s name, likeness and statements for publicity purposes without additional compensation or limitation. You will not post, advertise or otherwise promote this contest on any online website, page or forum dedicated primarily to the exchange of information about sweepstakes or contests or participate in any commercial contest/promotion subscription notification and/or entering services – any such entries will void your entries and you may be disqualified. Seaboard reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the promotion or website, violates the Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF THE CONTEST RULES AND OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SEABOARD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
6. USE OF YOUR SUBMISSION AND PERSONAL INFORMATION.
a. Entries and other submitted material become the property of Seaboard and will not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting an entry:
1) You represent and warrant that, if you are the designated person for a group of persons that have entered this Contest, you are authorized to make representations and warranties on behalf of the group and the group of persons will be jointly and severally liable for any breach of these representations and warranties or other failure to comply with the Official Rules of this Contest.
2) You represent and warrant that your entry and all elements contained therein (“Content”) is original and, to the extent the Content incorporates or includes anything that is owned or controlled by any third party, you have obtained, in writing, all rights necessary to comply with the Official Rules of this Contest; and, that the Content does not violate any copyright, trademark, publicity right, or any other right of any third party.
3) You agree that the Content shall be, to the maximum extent eligible, a “work made for hire,” under the U.S. Copyright Act, as amended, with all rights therein, including without limitation the exclusive copyright, being the property of Seaboard. Otherwise, if your entry or any element thereof is considered not to be a “work made for hire,” you hereby unconditionally and irrevocably assign and transfer to Seaboard all right, title, and interest in the Content (including, without limitation, the copyright) in any and all media whether now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, wherever produced or located, including the right to use, copy, distribute, perform, display and to create derivative works of the Content for advertising, trade, other commercial purposes or any other purpose in any form of media; provided, however, to the extent Content contains third party materials, you have obtained written permission granting Seaboard a perpetual, royalty-free, fully paid, freely transferable (with full rights to sublicense) universal, unconditional and irrevocable right and license to copy, distribute, perform, display and to create derivative works from such third party materials for any and all purposes relating to the promotion, marketing, advertising, distribution and/or sales by Seaboard.
4) You represent and warrant that you meet the requirements and qualifications for this Contest, and that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with them.
7. LIST OF PRIZE WINNERS. For a list of the prize winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope, along with a signed request to: Seaboard Foods, 9000 W. 67th St., Suite 200, Shawnee Mission, KS 66202.
8. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning will depend upon the number of teams competing in a contest.
9. CONFLICT. These contest rules constitute the full agreement relating to the contest. In the event of any conflict between these rules and any of the documents relating to the contest, these rules shall prevail.
10. DISPUTES. You agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, and any judicial proceedings shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of Kansas.; 2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Seaboard in connection with the promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Kansas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law, rules or provisions (whether of the State of Kansas, or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Kansas. IN NO EVENT SHALL SEABOARD OR THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO ANY INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS GIVEAWAY.
11. SPONSOR: The sponsor of this contest is Seaboard Foods LLC, 9000 W. 67th Street, Suite 200, Shawnee Mission, KS 66202. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.